This is a well established, award winning Telecommunications Company based in South Wales whose primary focus is to ensure they deliver the best customer service and the perfect telecoms solution for their customers.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced sales focused company director looking for their next challenge.
The company is seeking a dynamic and innovative candidate who can help grow and develop both the brand & business through existing accounts & new business.
You will be managing our South West Region based in South Wales whilst reporting to the main shareholders & board of directors regularly.
About the role
As a Managing Director, your primary focus will be to work with the management team to drive an agreed central vision, goals & strategy.
You will be key to the day to day running of the business ensuring each department is running at its optimal level.
You will be an all-rounder & have experience with Customer Service, Sales & Finance teams to ensure we can grow & develop the business further.
- Leading the company and ensuring all employees buy into the company vision.
- Leading the overall strategic direction of the company alongside the board.
- Planning and implementing long term business strategies to achieve the group company’s objectives.
- Devising a 5-year plan and working with other board members to oversee its implementation.
- Meeting with the board on a regular basis to review the company’s financial performance.
- Interviewing for senior positions within the organisation and signing off offers of employment.
- Managing the direction of the company and guiding senior members of the company.
- Working closely with the Group Sales Director on sales strategy and approach to winning new business.
- Carrying out regular SWOT analysis to mitigate any potential risks through industry and market changes.
- Speaking at events and exhibitions on behalf of the company.
- Looking for opportunities to increase efficiencies and speed up processes across the business.
- Implementing new processes and procedures across the business.
- Setting company-wide KPI’s to gauge company performance in all areas.
- Working closely with the Sales Director and Sales Team to acquire large accounts.
- Setting company budgets and forecasts alongside the group commercial director.
- Reporting results to the shareholders on a monthly and annual basis.
- Analysing opportunities for growth in market segments to drive profitability.
- Succession planning for senior members of the company to ensure all departments are managed continuously.
Managing Director Skills and Qualifications:
Leadership abilities, Organisational skills, Analytical skills, Critical thinking abilities, Project management, proven sales skills, Productivity management, Business development, Strategic thinking, Director & board reporting experience is a requirement.
Background of the Managing Director
- Proven track record of successfully managing similar sized organisations.
- Target driven and results focussed individual.
- Natural leader and motivator of people.
- Relevant technology industry experience and knowledge of the target market.